WalkieFleet Release Notes
WalkieFleet API gives capability to develop 3rd party client applications. Being based on WebSocket, WallkieFleet API allows developing client applications on any platform (Web, Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, etc).
- Emergency Profiles. Emergency profiles are added in the network settings window and define emergency signal settings. Emergency profile is assigned to a user in dispatch console or server manager.
- On screen SOS button. Shows SOS software button on device screen to initiate emergency signal.
- ManDown. Send emergency signal when device is dropped down. Supported on the devices having accelerometer.
- Emergency receiver list. Defines list of users and dispatchers who receives emergency signal.
- Option to send location when emergency signal is triggered.
- Option to initiate a voice call to emergency group when emergency signal is triggered.
- Restrict Logoff on client device
- Restrict Quit on client device
Other New Features
- Block/unblock a user from dispatch console
- Export location track to GPX file in dispatch console
- Custom color setting for map markers in console.
- Status color border for map markers in console.
- User name label under map marker in console.
- Redundant Server. Increase your system reliability by setting up backup WalkieFleet server.
- All Networks, users and groups are automatically replicated from master to backup server.
- All clients automatically handover to backup server in case of failure of master one.
- OTAP (Over the Air Programming). Remote control over all client settings from dispatch console.
- Individual and bulk setting update.
- Application version control and upgrade.
- Geofencing. Geofencing allows tracking user entrance, leave and do speed control in geofence zones (polygons drawn on a map) in dispatch console.
- KML Layers. Add custom KML Layers on Google map in dispatch console.
- External USB camera support for remote monitoring.
- Support of Hytera PNC370 and PNC550 radios.
- Support of Savox RSM-30 mic.
- Small Screen mode. For devices having small screens.
- Device Launcher. Application for quick startup of WalkieFleet on Android device. Especially useful for screenless devices.
- Call Alert from mobile client to dispatch console.
- Individual User Permissions. Previously it was possible to control user permissions at the network level, which were applicable to all users in the network. Now it is possible to specify individual user permissions in the user property window via Server Manager or Console application.
- Remote Monitoring Service. Capability to capture voice and video from client devices to show on console and record on server (Requires remote monitoring license to be enabled).
- Playback voice call recordings on mobile client. Event log on mobile client is extended with capability to playback voice call recording from server.
- Location track report in console is extended with detailed sheet representing all the locations collected in a given period.
- Remote update of wfinit.cfg on client device from console. Wfinit.cfg file can be sent in console by means of Messenger functionality.
- Server Ping. Enable ping from client device to server to keep “warm” IP connection. Allows minimizing call initiation delay after long idle time, while increasing battery consumption.
- Low battery warning. Notification on client device about low battery when it goes under certain value (by default 20%). Low battery tone can be substituted by voice message specified in wfinit.cfg file.
- Support for Telo TE390 radio.
- 64 bit implementation of Server and Console applications.
- Call Alert initiated from Console application.
- Dedicated Emergency Group Call sound volume selector.
- Selected Group. Capability to set group as “Selected” on mobile client. When group is set as selected, user listens only the calls to this group. In addition to selected group, users accepts private calls, emergency calls and All Calls.
- Knob selector support. Groups can be assigned to knob selector. Works on specifc professional Android devices supported by WalkieFleet.
- Voice announcement of selected group name upon the knob selector switch.
- Video call history playback in console application.
- Download selected call recordings to console PC.
- Call initiation delay enhancements (about 300-400ms faster than in previous build).
- Setting in mobile application to keep microphone always open. Helps to reduce call initiation delays, but prevents other apps from using the microphone.
Chat capabilities on client devices and PC Dispatch console are dramatically enhanced with the option to send pictures and files.
New Types of Group Calls
- All Call Group. All Call can be initiated only by the users assigned to the group, but transmitted to all online users in the network even if they are not group members.
- Broadcast Group. One-way group call which can’t be responded along the hang time.
PC Dispatch Console Enhancements
- Video PTT Calls. Group and private video PTT calls on the console application.
- Location Tracks. Display user location tracks on the map based on location data collected in WalkieFleet server database.
- Voice Recording Report. Fetch and playback voice call recordings saved on WalkieFleet server.
- Manage Users and Groups. Capability to add/edit/delete users, groups and statuses on the console application.
- Preserve map position and scale.
- Preserve application visual layout.
Android Client Enhancements
Call Alert. Capability to send call alert notification to the user available online.
- Restrict access to Settings on the client devices
- Restrict capability to change password on the client devices
- Allow managing users and groups on PC Dispatch Console
Applied through Server Manager, Network Settings Window, User Permissions/Dispatcher Permissions buttons
Presence mode defines visibility of users and dispatchers in client application and PC Dispatch console. Presence mode is assigned separately for mobile devices (User Permissions dialog) and consoles (Dispatcher Permissions dialog).
Presence Mode options:
- All Users. All network users are listed in the application interface.
- Only Group Members. Application shows only the users assigned to the same groups as the user currently logged in.
- Only Groups. Application doesn’t show any network users or dispatchers, but only available groups.
- Only Groups and Dispatchers. In addition to the list of groups, user can see the dispatchers logged into the network.
WalkieFleet server startup configuration is extended with new timing settings:
- Transmission Timeout, sec. Time of continuous one-way transmission in scope of voice or video call. Call is stopped automatically upon timeout expiration.
- Private Call Hang Time, sec. Timeout after the private call release to respond in scope of single conversation.
- Group Call Hang Time, sec. Timeout after the group call release to respond in scope of single conversation.
- Private Message Delivery Timeout, min. If destination user is not available on some reason, server keeps trying to deliver private message along this timeout.
- Group Message Delivery Timeout, min. Server keeps trying to deliver group message along this timeout. All group members who join late, but in scope of the timeout will also receive the message.
- Min. Location Request Interval, sec. Minimal possible polling time assigned for periodic location requests.
- Keep Alive Interval, sec. Time interval to check user presence online. Lower keep alive interval give more accurate information about online users and enhance users availability, but also increase battery consumption.
- Automatic Windows Firewall Exceptions for WalkieFleet Server and PC Dispatch applications.
- Capability to limit number of connected users to specific WalkieFleet network.